Who: Females in Grades 7, 8, & 9
When: Tuesdays, starting March 10th and ending May 26th
Where: Meet in the BMHS Lobby, transportation to hiking spots will be provided. (Pick up at the end of the program will be at BMHS)
Learn about basic survival, outdoor cooking, plant ID and pressing, animal tracks and more.
To register pick up a form from the main office at BMHS or call the Recreation Department at 902-637-2903
Job Opportunity for Grade 11 or 12 students
To apply send or bring your resume and cover letter to Anna Kenney at the Barrington Municipal Recreation Department by March 5th at 4:00pm. Only those who will be interview will be contacted.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare daily Day Camp activities (outdoors and indoors) with your co-worker.
- Implement the activities for the Day Camp with your co-worker.
- Supervise the daily skating program at the Arena and possibly a learn to curl program.
- Counselors must bring their own snacks and lunch for the day. Counselors must also bring warm winter clothing for outdoor play, supervising and being at the arena for the afternoon skate.
- Counselors will be paid minimum wage ($10.40/hour)
- Counselors will work from 8 am to 5 pm, every day = 45 hour / week.
Notes: The March Break Day Camp Program is for children 5 to 12 years old. Crafts, games, public skating, etc. will be planned daily.
The program will run from Monday, March 16 to Friday, March 20. The program will start at 8:00 am. Children will have to be picked up by 5:00 pm.
The Counselors will have an opportunity to prepare for the week, before the program begins.
On Monday February 16th Preschool and Adult skating will be moved to 1:00pm – 2:00pm and there will be Public Skating 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
Volunteer Week will be celebrated throughout Nova Scotia during the week of April 12 – 18. The primary purpose of this special designed week is to thank and honour people who donate their time to help fellow citizens and support the causes in which they believe. Volunteer Week also serves to reinforce the human values in which that volunteering represents and increases awareness of the importance of volunteerism to our communities.
To nominate someone download the form: Nomination form
For more information go here.
Pickleball for Adults
Every Wednesday, starting January 21st, at the Clark’s Harbour Elementary School gym.
Instructions will be given. Equipment will be provided.
The program will be from 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
For more information, contact Terry Faye on Facebook at Cape Sable Island area Pickleball; or call 902-222-7722; or call the Barrington Recreation Department at 902-637-2903.